1. Below is an interview with Morris, who recently went viral in Mexico, about what he plans to do to his opponents.
2. Morris’ Facebook page is full of support, with many people liking the idea of a candidate that can’t be corrupted and will help with the town’s rat problem.
3. According to one of Morris’ campaign managers, Morris being a cat is one of his best political tools:
Besides going after rats, Morris only says that he will eat, sleep, yawn and conduct other cat-like activities. His campaign managers say that this is exactly why you should vote for him.
“Candidates here almost never fulfill their promises,” said Jair Cuevas, one of the students who came up with the Morris campaign. “Our candidate promises to sleep, eat, yawn and play in the dirt and that is what he will do if he wins the election.”
4. He seems like a pretty reasonable candidate, he loves boxes.
5. Has great merch.
6. And the kids love him.
7. Unfortunately, due to rampant species-ism in the Mexican political system, cats are not allowed to run for mayor.
8. Morris’ campaign managers are asking voters to write his name on the ballots.
9. Morris’ campaign team say that political attacks and set-backs only make Morris’ message of eating, sleeping, and rolling around in the dirt stronger.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Authorities reportedly raided the Indiana home of Jared Fogle, the face of many Subway sandwich advertisements.
- European leaders are holding an emergency summit today to discuss Greece's debt crisis.