1. Queen Elizabeth’s horse Estimate won the Gold Cup at the Royal Ascot races Thursday, marking the first time in the race’s 207-year history that the prestigious award has been won by a reigning monarch.
2. The Royal Family went a little crazy as they watched the race…
4. Especially when it became clear that the queen’s horse was going to win.
10. After the race finished, Queen Elizabeth made her way to the winner’s circle, where she was scheduled to present the cup to the victor before she won the award herself.
11. “This her passion and her life and she’s here every year and she strives to have winners,” said the queen’s grandson, Peter Phillips.
12. “To win the big one at Royal Ascot means so much to her. Everyone is just thrilled, it’s very close to her heart and today is very special.”
14. Since she obviously couldn’t present the trophy to herself, the queen’s son Prince Andrew awarded his mother with the Gold Cup.
15. Her Majesty was very pleased with the trophy.
16. Very, very pleased.
17. Watch the queen’s adorable reaction to Estimate’s victory. She gets a little teary.
- Nope, President Donald Trump will not release his tax returns after an IRS audit, the White House says, despite pledging to do so.
- Trump has commented on yesterday's massive Women's Marches asking, "why didn't these people vote?"
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- "SNL" paused the laughs for a moment last night to pay tribute to former President Barack Obama.