1. Meet Justin Bieber’s 14-week-old capuchin monkey, “OG Mally.”
8. Bieber departed Los Angeles for Munich on Wednesday night to continue the European lag of his “Believe” tour. The singer brought his new pet OG Mally with him on the private jet to Germany.
#munich— Justin Bieber
9. Bieber and crew landed at Franz Josef Strauss Airport in Munich on Thursday morning and were detained by German customs when officials discovered the baby monkey aboard the jet.
11. The singer was forced to leave the animal in quarantine and departed the airport to perform a sold-out show in Munich’s Olympiahalle.
12. After the concert, Bieber tweeted that he was leaving Munich for Vienna, Austria. He did not mention his quarantined baby monkey.
Munich was a good time. And loud. The bus is headed to Vienna now. U coming?— Justin Bieber
13. When Bieber failed to produce his pet’s paperwork in a timely manner, German authorities transferred OG Mally from a customs holding pen to an animal shelter.
16. The shelter where OG Mally is being held posted on its website that the animal is getting “a well-deserved rest” and chastised Bieber for prematurely separating the baby monkey from its mother.
The website initially reported that OG Mally was a female monkey, a mistake that has been corrected.
19. Beliebers worldwide are reacting to their idol’s ongoing symian saga in different ways. Some are infuriated by even the IDEA that a country would separate a boy from his monkey (public health concerns be damned).
i hate germany ! #MallyNeedsJustin— Mary
Im extremely upset -_____- Of course even authorities can’t leave Justin & Mally alone !! #Pissed— áƒ¦ Ðºà¹€à¹“ áƒ¦
@LegendOfJB they said that at Germany OG Mally got taken away cause he didn’t have the proper papers like wtf he’s justin bieber!— happybirthdaypattie
Germany better NOT put OG Mally up for adoption.— Kidd Drama
Mally has been taken away from Justin because he didn’t have the paperwork to own a monkey. HE IS JUSTIN BIEBER HE DON’T NEED PAPERS #FREEOG— Justin Bieber Fan.
24. While others are disturbed by reports that Bieber has not attempted to contact the shelter.
@justinbieber You’ve got only 3 weeks left to take OG Mally from the animal shelter.. Important papers are missing.. You care, don’t you? :(— HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY
@mellythemonkey Justin ! Please call the shelter in munich ! They think you don’t care about mally !— 5th april
26. A few Beliebers don’t understand how international customs regulations work.
#FreeMally trend this to get mally free and back to justin.— Happy Bday Pattie!!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TREND #WeWantMallyBack please? they might give Justin Mally back if this trends!— Justin Bieber
28. And then there are THESE fans…
those fackking nazi’s must give us Mally back! #DeutschlandGiveUsMallyBack— Justin Bieber
The Germans are being sweet 2 OG! #Free #OG MALLY BIEBER @JUSTINBIEBER http://t.co/4OD1xVlBNG— M A L L Y M A L L