1. Residents of Midland City, Alabama gathered on Thursday night to pray for the release of a 5-year-old boy being held hostage underground by a man accused of murdering a school bus driver.
3. The captive boy, reportedly an Autistic child named Ethan, has been separated from his parents since Tuesday afternoon.
4. Over 100 people gathered at Midland City Hall. Police are still negotiating with hostage-taker Jimmy Lee Dykes, 65, as he holds the child captive in his underground bunker.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀