1. Residents of Midland City, Alabama gathered on Thursday night to pray for the release of a 5-year-old boy being held hostage underground by a man accused of murdering a school bus driver.
3. The captive boy, reportedly an Autistic child named Ethan, has been separated from his parents since Tuesday afternoon.
4. Over 100 people gathered at Midland City Hall. Police are still negotiating with hostage-taker Jimmy Lee Dykes, 65, as he holds the child captive in his underground bunker.
- NBC News anchor Lester Holt has the honor (and the burden) of moderating the first 2016 US presidential debate, which will broadcast live tonight.
- Inside the final days of the FARC, Colombia's 50-year-old rebel group, which is on the verge of signing a peace treaty with the government.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.