3. October 14th, 2009: With just twenty days until the election, Chris Christie drops in on Morning Joe for the very first time.
As this historic moment in cable news history concludes, Scarborough, who had been nervous about co-host Mika Brzezinski saying something “rude” about Christie’s weight, asks the candidate how she did:
SCARBOROUGH: “Was she OK?”
CHRISTIE: “Yes, great! Not OK, great!
6. April 22, 2010: “I love him.” — Mika Brzezinski
SCARBOROUGH: “Let me tell you something, I’m going to be honest, we had Chris Christie on our show, we sort of made fun of him.”
MIKA: “I love him.”
SCARBOROUGH: “Turn the music down. This is important. I’m dead serious here. I just could not believe that this guy would win. This is how Republicans are supposed to talk and they haven’t talked this way in a decade.”
MIKA: And he doesn’t prepare it. He just talks.
8. June 29, 2010: Christie’s takes a victory lap on Joe after passing his first budget in New Jersey.
11. September 24, 2010: “How many times can we tell Chris Christie we love him?” — Joe Scarborough
14. February 17, 2011: “Is he (Christie) really that great or is everybody else so bad?” — Mika Brzezinski
SCARBOROUGH: “No politician has ever come out and said, ‘You shut down the government? I’m going opening up a beer and watching the Mets play. I’ll come back when you open it again.’”
September 23, 2011: “I’ve heard it five or six times from people in different spheres, Chris Christie is passing up a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to jump into this field because the Republicans want him, the field is weak, and the President’s weak.” — Joe Scarborough
December 12, 2011: “If Chris Christie ran (for the ‘12 Republican nomination), he’d be 40 points ahead.” — Joe Scarborough
21. December 20, 2011: “Chris Christie could certainly be President.” — Joe Scarborough
22. February 24, 2012: “We have to get Chris Christie back here…Wasn’t that an amazing talk yesterday?” — Joe Scarborough
Scarborough discussing Jonathan Capehart’s attempted grilling of the governor on the topic of marriage equality:
24. May 8, 2012: “He’s one of the most popular governors in America.” — Joe Scarborough
25. June 12, 2012: “If Chris Christie would have decided to go (run for president), Chris would have won — he would have been out front.” — Joe Scarborough
29. December 13, 2012: “Springsteen, Bon Jovi, and Chris Christie.” — Joe Scarborough
32. January 8, 2013: “Chris Christie, a huge leader in the party, came out against the NRA.” — Mark Halperin
33. January 22, 2013: “It will be very open for the Republican party in 2016 for somebody like a Chris Christie to step into the frey and seize the reins.” — Joe Scarborough
36. February 13, 2013: “He’s a smart man, Chris Christie, and he’s in the 70s.” — Joe Scarborough
37. February 20, 2013:
WILLIE GEIST: “New Jersey governor Chris Christie’s approval rating now at 74% in that state. That’s the highest the survey has ever recorded for a governor in the state of New Jersey. When it comes to a potential matchup in the 2016 presidential race, because why not, Hillary Clinton gets 49% against Chris Christie. He gets 45%”.
40. March 27, 2013: “Governor Chris Christie assuring Queen Elizabeth that she has nothing to worry about when Prince Harry visits the Jersey Shore.” — Mike Barnicle
42. May 7, 2013: “He’s a tough, hard charging guy.” — Joe Scarborough
MIKA: “He tried everything.
43. May 7, 2013:
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- People are backing one of the Women's March organizers after conservative blogs claimed she has deep ties to terrorism.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻