5. Doolbaz told BuzzFeed News she began taking artsy photos of penises some two and a half years ago after she had a sudden ~burst~ of inspiration.
She wanted to make people laugh by taking something many see as dirty and making it funny — maybe even cute.
8. “I was once in a bidding war online with a bunch of people for a limited edition Fidel Castro doll, a one-of-a-kind collector’s item,” she said. “I eventually won, took all the clothes off, and threw the doll away.”
10. In 2014, Doolbaz released her first collection of dick pics, and in September she followed it up with a series titled “Dick-tators of History and Friends.”
16. “I don’t know what the future holds for my penis photography career,” Doolbaz conceded. For now, however, she’s selling various penis-themed merchandise on her website, Dicture Gallery, and is also working on a coffee table book.
18. Listen to an interview with Doolbaz on BuzzFeed’s Internet Explorer podcast:
19. And check out an interview she did with the New York Post:
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a river near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 33. "We're expecting the worst and hoping for the best," officials said Sunday.
- An anti-establishment wave has prompted Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi to resign after losing a constitutional referendum.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏