6. Divide the chicken between the two pineapple boats, and serve with a scoop of rice!
7. Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Bowls
Makes 2 servings
Estimated total time: 20 minutes
1 large pineapple
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
¾ cup soy sauce
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup honey
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 cups cooked white rice, divided
Cut pineapple in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh of each half, leaving about a half-inch on the sides to make sure the pineapple boats are sturdy. Discard the flesh or set it aside to eat later, and drain any juices.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, and honey, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick and the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes. Add the sesame seeds and stir to combine, then remove the pan from the heat.
Scoop a cup of rice into each of the pineapple boats, then divide the teriyaki chicken among the boats and serve.
Recipe by Alvin Zhou
- It's Inauguration Day — Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America at 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌