A regular-sized Snickers bar contains 27 grams of sugar (the equivalent of 7 teaspoons).
Sugar is addictive.
We definitely eat too much of it.
And, too much of any kind makes us fat.
1. Odwalla Original Superfood Drink: 37 grams sugar
2. Jamba Juice Banana Berry Smoothie (small): 60 grams sugar
3. McDonald's Fruit & Maple Oatmeal: 32 grams sugar
4. Dunkin' Donuts Reduced-Fat Blueberry Muffin: 40 grams sugar
5. Chobani Black Cherry Blended Yogurt: 28 grams sugar
6. Stonyfield Fat-Free Blackberry Blend Yogurt: 28g sugar
7. Burger King Chicken, Apple & Cranberry Garden Fresh Salad with TENDERGRILL® Chicken: 38 grams sugar
8. Pom Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice (8-ounce bottle): 31 grams sugar
9. Snapple Green Tea (16-ounce bottle): 30 grams sugar
10. Raisins (one-quarter cup): 29 grams sugar
11. IHOP Whole Wheat Pancakes with Banana (four pancakes, no syrup): 32 grams sugar
12. Vitamin Water Power-C: 32 grams sugar
13. VitaCoco Coconut water with pineapple (per 16-ounce container): 30 grams sugar
14. Chili's Caribbean Chicken Salad with Grilled Chicken: 67 grams sugar
15. Juice Generation Amazing Green Açai Bowl: 41 grams sugar
16. Starbucks Greek Yogurt and Honey Parfait: 30 grams sugar
Where the sugar comes from: milled cane sugar, honey, barley malt syrup, cranberries, sugar, elderberry juice concentrate, sugar
"Honey is glorified sugar," says James. "It's got a health halo, but it's glorified sugar." It has the same glycemic index — meaning it affects your blood sugar in the same way, giving you a temporary spike in energy and then leaving you hungry and craving more sugar soon after — as sugar. And, while adding a small amount of honey (there are only about 9 grams of sugar in 2 teaspoons), some pre-packaged honey-and-yogurt parfaits have as much as one-quarter cup of honey (67 grams sugar). The takeaway? Make your own, so that you can control the amount of sugar you add. If you're on the go, choose a parfait that's just plain yogurt and fresh fruit, with no added sweetener. The Greek Yogurt with Berries Parfait at Starbucks has 19 grams of sugar, making it a better option.