3. Sriracha Queso
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 bunch scallions, greens and whites separated, thinly sliced
16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut in ½-inch cubes
1 cup whole milk
½ cup Sriracha
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Chips, for serving
1. In a medium sauce pot over medium heat, melt the butter. When the butter is melted, add the scallion whites (NOT the greens) and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
2. Turn the heat down to low and add velveeta, milk, Sriracha and garlic powder. Cook on low, whisking often, until everything is melted and combined into a thick queso, about 5 minutes. Add all but 1 tablespoon of the scallion greens, and mix everything together again.
3. Transfer the queso to a bowl and garnish with the remaining scallion greens. Serve immediately, with chips.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 30. "We're still not done," a police official said Sunday afternoon.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- Instead of ornaments, a woman decorated her Christmas tree with paper angels honoring the biggest stars who died in 2016 🎄