1. Bake grated zucchini in a blanket of cheese.
CHEESY ZUCCHINI STICKS
Adapted from Smile Sandwich
4 medium zucchini
⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
⅓ cup cheddar cheese
½ cup mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF/220ºC.
2. Grate zucchini into a medium bowl.
3. Transfer grated zucchini into a large bowl and add garlic powder, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and egg. Mix together.
4. Pour the mixture onto a small towel and wring the excess fluid from mix.
4. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and spread mixture evenly into a square about a ½-inch thick.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until middle has thickened.
6. Remove from oven and spread cheddar and mozzarella cheese over top .
7. Place back in the oven at 350ºF/175ºC for 10 more minutes or until cheese melts and is bubbling.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes, and enjoy with marinara, ranch, or any sauce of your choosing!
7. Make zucchini ~fun~ by filling it with meat sauce and three different kinds of cheese.
Sure, the zucchini isn’t exactly hidden here. But these are worth a try. 1) The whole “zucchini boat” thing is fun. 2) They’re filled with a seasoned ricotta mixture and a delicious, kid-friendly meat sauce. 3) They’re topped with even more cheese. Recipe here.
12. Serve a “pizza casserole” that no one will realize is made of cauliflower until it’s too late to complain.
Like, “OK, kid, I know you’re upset about this, but it’s hard to listen to your argument when your mouth is so full of pepperoni and cheese.” Recipe here.