If you’ve ever wondered what perfection looks like, look no further than the PIZZA TOT.
Pizza tots are essentially the pinnacle of all snack food. Here’s how to make them.
Serve the tots immediately.
As IF you were going to wait.
Dip ‘em in marinara for that last pizza touch.
Servings: 9–12 large tots
Recipe by Adam Bianchi for BuzzFeed Tasty
1 small block low-moisture mozzarella
12 slices pepperoni
3½ cups hash browns
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 egg, beaten
Oil for frying
Marinara sauce for dipping
1. Cut block of mozzarella into small cubes, about a ½ inch (1½ cm).
2. Cut pepperoni in half.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine hash browns, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, and egg. Mix well.
4. Grab a small handful of the hash brown mixture and flatten out in the palm of your hand.
5. Place 1 or 2 slices of pepperoni and a cube of cheese on top.
6. Fold the hash brown mixture around the cheese and pepperoni. Squeeze and compress until the mixture completely covers the filling and stays in a cylindrical form. Repeat until all of the mixture is used.
7. Freeze tots for 20+ minutes.
8. In a large saucepan, heat oil to 350˚F (180˚C). Fry tots in batches, three at a time, until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
9. Serve immediately with marinara sauce.