1. Your slow cooker isn’t just for heavy, braised meat dishes. Master some healthy slow cooker recipes.
Slow cookers are great for pulled pork and big batches of chili, but you can also use them for healthy staples like broth-based soups, big batches of lean protein, and even things like frittatas and poached salmon. Here are 24 healthy slow cooker recipes to start with.
2. Need a daily dose of meal prep inspiration? There’s an Instagram account for that!
Meal Prep on Fleek is a collection of community-generated photos that will give you ideas for meals that you can prep in advance.
4. Consider tracking your food intake, at least a couple of times a week.
Food journaling isn’t for everyone, but it’s not a bad idea to do it a couple of times a week — or a couple of times a month, or just for a little while — as a way to see your own eating habits more clearly. Chances are, you’ll notice some pretty interesting patterns. Maybe you snack more late at night on days when you don’t eat a great lunch. Maybe you eat more on days after you’ve had a lot to drink. Maybe you’re actually eating a lot less than you thought.
5. Need a healthy, on-the-go breakfast option that requires zero cooking skills? Try these grain-free blender muffins.
Let your blender and your oven do literally all of the work, then store the muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. For a quick, satisfying breakfast, just heat and eat! Recipe here.
6. Use leftover meat or vegetables from dinner to make healthy baked eggs or hash in the morning.
Learn how here. Any combination of cooked vegetables, wilted greens, and leftover meat will work!
- Donald Trump's campaign chief Stephen Bannon said "he doesn't like Jews," according to his ex-wife.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Far-right protesters climbed Berlin's famous Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.