2. Spaghetti with Red Curry, Green Beans and Peanuts
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
1 cup dry roasted peanuts*
1 lb green beans
2 tablespoons neutral oil (such as canola)
2 tablespoons red curry paste
1 15-oz. can coconut milk
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
*lightly salted peanuts work best, but you can use unsalted and season them yourself
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander.
In a food processor, pulse peanuts 3-4 times, until crushed but not paste-like (if you don’t have a food processor, you can just chop the peanuts with your knife).
In a large sauté pan with a lid, add enough water to come 1/2-inch up the side of the pan. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the green beans, cover and steam until al dente (about 2 minutes). Drain the green beans and transfer to a bowl.
Wipe out the pan and return it to medium heat, then add neutral oil red curry paste . Toast the curry paste for 30 seconds, then add the coconut milk and whisk gently to combine. Simmer for about two minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
Trim the ends off of the green beans and cut them into roughly 1-inch pieces. then add them to the pan along with the cooked spaghetti, and toss to coat.
To serve, sprinkle with the crushed peanuts.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a large sauté pan with a lid and a large pot to cook the pasta.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰