2. Spaghetti with Red Curry, Green Beans and Peanuts
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
1 cup dry roasted peanuts*
1 lb green beans
2 tablespoons neutral oil (such as canola)
2 tablespoons red curry paste
1 15-oz. can coconut milk
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
*lightly salted peanuts work best, but you can use unsalted and season them yourself
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander.
In a food processor, pulse peanuts 3-4 times, until crushed but not paste-like (if you don’t have a food processor, you can just chop the peanuts with your knife).
In a large sauté pan with a lid, add enough water to come 1/2-inch up the side of the pan. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the green beans, cover and steam until al dente (about 2 minutes). Drain the green beans and transfer to a bowl.
Wipe out the pan and return it to medium heat, then add neutral oil red curry paste . Toast the curry paste for 30 seconds, then add the coconut milk and whisk gently to combine. Simmer for about two minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
Trim the ends off of the green beans and cut them into roughly 1-inch pieces. then add them to the pan along with the cooked spaghetti, and toss to coat.
To serve, sprinkle with the crushed peanuts.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a large sauté pan with a lid and a large pot to cook the pasta.
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."