2. Spaghetti with Broccoli Pistachio Pesto
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
4 cups raw broccoli florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup grated parmesan, divided
3/4 cup raw, shelled pistachios, divided
zest and juice of 1 lemon
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.
In a large sauté pan with a lid, add enough water to come 1/2-inch up the side. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add broccoli florets, cover the pan and steam until al dente (about 4 minutes), then drain.
Set aside half of the cooked broccoli in a large mixing bowl, and transfer the other half to a blender along with olive oil, 1/2 cup parmesan, 1/2 cup pistachios, and the zest and juice of 1 lemon. Season with salt and pepper, and blend until a smooth sauce forms, adding up to 1/2 cup of water if the mixture is too thick to blend.
To the large mixing bowl with the cooked broccoli florets, add cooked spaghetti and broccoli pesto. Toss everything together until the spaghetti is coated.
To serve, top with the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan and 1/4 cup pistachios.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a large sauté pan with a lid and a large pot to cook the pasta.
- President Trump has signed an executive order that calls into questions national monument designations made in the past two decades.
- Scientists are bashing a big study claiming that humans were roaming the Americas by more than 100,000 years ago 💀
- Venezuelans are trying to crowdfund money to leave the country amid food shortages and political unrest.
- Get ready for nonstop live video on Twitter. The platform is aiming to stream sports, news, and entertainment 24/7 📺📲