1. Instead of relying on processed fake meats, make your own bacon out of vegetables.
2. Sick of deli turkey? Buy a pack of smoked salmon and put it on sandwiches and salads throughout the week.
3. Get excited about spring vegetables. Ramps are a favorite among chefs and serious home cooks, and their short season is NOW.
Ramps are basically all the best parts of onions, garlic, and scallions rolled into one. They're great tossed into stir-fries, caramelized, or pickled. Ramps are only in season for a few weeks a year, so you gotta act fast. Your local farmer's market probably carries them.
4. Make your own salsa for a low-calorie, flavor-packed condiment that works on everything.
5. Drink ~responsibly~.
6. Go beyond whole wheat pasta and experiment with other whole grain noodles, like buckwheat or brown rice noodles.
They're all a little different, so you never know which one you're going to like best!
Recipes (from left): Spring Buckwheat Noodle Salad, Speedy Veggie Brown Rice Noodle Bowl with Teriyaki Sauce