Here's A No-Cook Peanut Butter Dip To Make For A Football Party
Peanut butter in the shape of a football is as American as it gets. Get the full football party menu here.
Here's what you'll need to make the dessert dip:
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and peanut butter and mix until smooth.
2. Set aside about 1/4 cup Cool Whip in a resealable plastic bag in the freezer.
3. Add half of the remaining Cool Whip, and mix everything until smooth.
4. Add the remaining Cool Whip and the beer nuts, and mix.
5. Scrape the mixture out of the bowl, onto a large sheet of plastic wrap.
6. Wrap in plastic, then use your hands to mold the mixture into a football shape.
7. Freeze the dip for 60 to 90 minutes, until it's solid, then unwrap.
8. Coat the football dip with chocolate sprinkles by pouring them over top, then using the plastic wrap to press the sprinkles into the sides, and all over.
9. Carefully transfer the football dip to a plate.
10. Take the reserved Cool Whip out of the freezer and cut a small hole in one corner of the bag.
11. Pipe adorable, Cool Whip laces.
12. Serve with vanilla wafers or pretzels.
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Football Dip
Serves 8 to 10
Recipe by Christine Byrne
8 ounces (1 cup) cream cheese, softened
8 ounces (1 cup) smooth peanut butter
1 8-ounce container Cool Whip, divided
1 cup beer nuts (or honey-roasted peanuts)
½ cup chocolate sprinkles
Vanilla wafers, pretzels, or graham crackers, for dipping
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and peanut butter by mixing thoroughly with a spatula.
Spoon about ¼ cup of Cool Whip into a small, resealable plastic bag and put it in the freezer. Add half of the remaining Cool Whip to the cream cheese-peanut butter mixture and gently fold it in until fully combined. Then add the rest of the Cool Whip along with the beer nuts, and gently fold them in until fully combined.
Lay a large sheet of plastic wrap on a large, flat surface. Scrape the dip out of the bowl and onto the center of the plastic wrap in a rough oval shape. Wrap the dip in the plastic, then roll it and pat it into the shape of a football. Transfer to a plate and freeze for 60 to 90 minutes, until the dip is solid but still a little bit soft.
Unwrap the dip and coat it with the chocolate sprinkles. The easiest way to do this is to keep the dip sitting on the plastic wrap, pour the sprinkles on top, then use the plastic wrap to push in any sprinkles that fall off. Take reserved Cool Whip out of the freezer and cut a small hole in one corner of the bag. Pipe "laces" onto the top of the football dip.
Transfer the finished dip to a serving plate and surround it with your dippers of choice. Let the dip rest at room temperature until it's softened, about 20 minutes, then serve.