12. Grilled Tomato and Toasted Chili Cocktail
While you’re waiting for grilling season — seriously, are we there yet?! — you can sear the tomatoes in a cast-iron skillet or on a grill pan instead. This mezcal cocktail takes a little more work, but the result is so unique and worth it. Recipe here.
15. The Retox
The “master cleanse” involved drinking only a mixture of lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup for days at time, and it sounds insane and awful. Adding bourbon to the mixture and drinking it at happy hour, though? I can get behind that. Recipe here.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- And people with disabilities are having their photos stolen and Facebook isn't helping them.