2. Buttercup Squash Soup with Coconut and Curry
Buttercup squash and kabocha squash are almost identical, so make this soup with either variety. They’re starchier than butternut, but not as dense as sweet potato, with an earthy, slightly sweet flavor. Recipe here.
8. Chicken Khao Soi
Homemade curry paste is what makes this recipe really special, but if you’re in a bind — or if your grocery store doesn’t stock the ingredients and you don’t feel like taking a trip to the Asian market — this red curry paste ($2.50) is an OK shortcut. Recipe here.
9. Miso Ramen with Crispy Shredded Pork and Burnt Garlic Sesame Oil
Disclaimer: making proper ramen at home is a) super delicious and rewarding, and b) a serious project. This recipe is a quicker version of The Food Lab’s tonkotsu ramen broth, which involves boiling the crap out of chicken bones and pig trotters for upwards of 12 hours. Still, it’s not exactly simple. Recipe here.
- The public's mistrust of Trump might be especially dangerous in a catastrophe rooted in science — like an asteroid or the next Ebola.
- Thousands of people hit the streets on Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.