1. For making your own vinaigrette.
Which you should be doing, instead of buying the bottled stuff. It’s healthier and tastier, and it’s really not hard. Here’s everything you need to know about building a better salad.
3. For cooking red meat exactly how you like it.
If you’re going splurge on a really great piece of meat, you’d better know how to cook it to temp. If you need more help, here’s how to make the perfect steak.
9. For cooking with and maintaining a cast iron skillet.
Cast iron skillets are great for cooking because they’re good heat conductors, meaning they get super hot, stay super hot, and cook your food evenly. They’re especially great for getting a delicious, crispy crust on meat. Here’s everything you need to know about owning a cast iron skillet.
11. For marinating meat to make it tender and delicious.
No more dry chicken. Here’s more about using marinades to make delicious food.
14. For your next trip to the butcher.
Knowing the difference between cuts of meat means you’ll always be able to go into a butcher or grocery store and ask for exactly what you want. Plus, it makes for impressive dinner conversation. Full infographic here.
16. For knowing what kind of onion to use.
You won’t ruin a recipe by using a sweet onion when a red onion would have been better, but different onions have different characteristics—some are milder, some are sweeter, etc.—so it’s good to know the difference. More info here.
23. For pasta lovers.
Impress anyone with your extensive noodle knowledge. Get the poster (or see a zoomed-in version) at Chasing Delicious.
24. For perfect chocolate chip cookies.
And by “perfect” I mean, “exactly the way you like them.” Learn more about how to make the chocolate cookie you want.
27. For knowing exactly how to store your groceries, and for how long.
- Republicans presented Democrats with a spending plan that doesn't include funding for the border wall, stalling one of Trump's most controversial campaign promises.
- Fox News anchor Kelly Wright and 12 other current and former employees are suing the network for racial discrimination and harassment.
- Get ready for nonstop live video on Twitter. The platform is aiming to stream sports, news, and entertainment 24/7 📺📲
- And you can now see your Uber rating right in the app 🚙 👀