1. Don't just use your slow cooker for stews and big cuts of meat — use it for healthy vegetarian dinners!
So many people think slow cookers are just for heavy chilis and braised meats, but there are so many grain- and vegetable-based dishes you can make. Set it, forget it, and come home to the perfect meatless dinner.
2. Bake treats with whole grains to add a little fiber and whole food goodness.
3. Or make healthier, single-serving snacks instead of big batches of baked goods.
4. Master overnight oats. They're filling, healthy, and totally customizable.
5. Quench your (almost) summertime sweet tooth with fruit-based ice pops instead of ice cream.
Your fruit-based pops can be as healthy as you make them. Add healthy mix-ins like Greek yogurt, seeds, or blended leafy greens, if you want. If you don't want, you can just stick to fruit. Here are 15 Healthier Fruit Popsicles you should try.
6. Add pure vanilla extract to smoothies and oatmeal for richer flavor.
Smoothies and oatmeal both make for delicious, healthy breakfasts. Add a little bit of pure vanilla extract — no more than a teaspoon per serving, and that's being pretty heavy-handed — while you're cooking or blending to add warmth and deep vanilla flavor.
7. Want to feel great and have tons of energy? Take one of BuzzFeed's Clean Eating Challenges!
There are two 14-day challenges and one 7-day challenge. If you decide you're up for the challenge, you'll eat three meals and two snacks a day, all homemade, healthy, and delicious. Each challenge includes a complete grocery list, recipes, and step-by-step instructions, and they're designed to make you feel like your healthiest, most awesome self.