1. Lindsey Vonn announced on her Facebook page that she won’t compete in the Sochi Olympics:
2. Vonn explained that she’s had to overcome “having no ACL” and that her knee is “just too unstable to compete at this level.”
Vonn at a race in in Val d’Isere, French Alps, Dec. 21, 2013.
3. Vonn tweeted that she was “devastated” by her choice.
I am devastated to announce that I will not be competing in Sochi. My FB page has the whole story. http://t.co/7KHSXa0xYJ
4. Vonn also added that she’ll undergo surgery soon so that she can prepare for the World Championships “at home in Vail” in February 2015.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a river near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's presidential election has conceded defeat, obstructing the advance of the global populist movement in Europe.
- An armed man was arrested Sunday near a pizza spot named in a Hillary Clinton conspiracy rumor. Here's how "Pizzagate" was spread.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏