Vine turns three years old on January 24. As a part of its third anniversary, it released a list of the most-looped videos on its network as well as the biggest trends it saw over its past 12 months. While other platforms use the number of views (Facebook) or watch time (YouTube) as metrics, Vine essentially scores videos based on the number of times they are looped. These were the ones that people watched over and over.
1. The Paris bombing Vine was, by far, the most-looped Vine of last year.
The most-looped Vine not just of the past year, but of all time, is also among the most emotionally devastating. It surfaced as the horrifying terrorist attacks in Paris last year were just getting underway, capturing the moment a bomb went off outside Stade de France. It was subsequently looped more than 328 million times.
2. Duck Army
3. Leonardo DiCaprio & Lady Gaga
Amazingly, the third most-looped Vine of the year is less than two weeks old. (And the clip was captured by BuzzFeed’s own Kate Aurthur.)
4. The kid that doesn’t miss his mom.
5. When you don’t know the answers to a test.
6. MINI BASKETBALL FAIL!
Not slick. After making this list, this Vine was removed at the request of the copyright holder.
7. When you are really good at pretending to like your birthday gifts…
Seriously, everyone loves avocado.
8. Poor Jay
Boys are cruel.
9. IM DYING OMG
Apparently kids being hurt and/or terrified was a thing on Vine this year.
10. who is she
Vine also compiled the biggest trends from its last year.
Vine added remixing tools this year to try to further encourage what people are already doing. While these weren’t the most-looped Vines, they were the ones that sparked entire memes and movements;. These were the Vines that were imitated until they became genres unto themselves.
What are those?
Why you always lying?
Duck army (again)
- Top Democrats are demanding House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes remove himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the election.
- After Donald Trump and the Republicans spectacularly failed to repeal Obamacare, Wall Street now realizes that massive tax cuts may not happen 😅 💸
- Over 18,000 households in Flint, Michigan, will receive new water lines, more than two years after dangerous levels of lead were found in the city's water supply.
- Samsung announced plans to refurbish and sell some of the 4.3 million explosive Galaxy Note7 phones it recalled last year📱🔥