1. This is Issa. He is a 10-year-old Syrian boy.
He lives in the war ravaged city of Aleppo.
2. Issa makes mortars to be used by the Free Syrian Army.
3. Issa machines his own mortar shells.
4. The machining is difficult and dangerous.
5. He assembles the mortars by hand.
7. Issa also fixes mortar launchers.
8. These weapons are many times his size.
9. And the work is dangerous.
11. Issa works in the factory every day of the week except Friday.
12. He does this for 10 hours a day.
13. At the end of his long days, Issa walks home with his father.
14. He feeds his pet bird.
15. And eats dinner with his family in the dark.
16. This is Issa’s life.
17. Issa is just one of many young fighters of the Syrian revolution….
- Democrats will try to block Trump's Supreme Court pick, Neil Gorsuch, setting the stage for Republicans to possibly eliminate the filibuster.
- An American-Israeli teen has been arrested in Israel for bomb threats to Jewish community centers in the US, says the FBI.
- Republicans worked into the morning trying to finalize a deal that would allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.