This post has been corrected to remove language copied from Wikipedia. The title of this post has been updated to reflect the removal of that item.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
So this weekend he released THIS:
Cruz’s Canadian birth certificate lists his mother as American born, which makes him an American citizen.
But even though Cruz left Calgary, Alberta, at the age of 4 and has said he would renounce his dual citizenship, questions still remain: How Canadian is Cruz?
2. Cruz’s first name is REALLY Rafael Edward, which sounds very Canadian to us.
3. When Cruz was sworn in as a senator, his wife Heidi and two daughters wore lovely red dresses.
Guess who else wears red for special ceremonies?
4. Cruz is SUPER polite to everyone. Look at him run with a box for Kirsten Gillibrand to stand on during a press conference.
Too kind, too Canadian.
5. Cruz also politely listens to other people! Not very American of him.
He even listens politely to his 2016 rivals!
6. Ted Cruz chose maple leaf red for his campaign signs.
Guess who else chose maple leaf red to represent them?
7. Cruz was a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review. Which seems like a smoke screen, right?
8. Ted Cruz loves guns.
Guess who else likes guns.
The Trailer Park Boys.
9. Cruz makes this face when he does not know how to answer a question. Seems Canadian of him.
10. The National Law Journal listed Cruz as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America.
Maybe this journal was talking about Cruz’s Cuban heritage… but maybe they were also talking about his CANADIAN minority status. (See chart below)
11. Cruz loves using the thumbs up.
Guess who else uses the thumbs up?
12. When Cruz is in an argument, he uses these nice, brisk hand motions to make his points. Anyone ever argued with a Canadian? Same problem.
13. Cruz totally smiles like a nice Canadian.
14. Cruz loves CHANDELIERS, which is just what a fancy Canadian would do.
15. Cruz went to Princeton and Harvard Law School, which means he is very smart and probably Canadian.
16. Ted Cruz likes cowboy hats.
But did he learn to love them at the Calgary Stampede Rodeo? It is one of the largest, best-attended rodeos in the world.
17. Finally, BuzzFeed has heard unsubstantiated reports that Cruz has this tattoo somewhere on his back.
So is Ted Cruz too Canadian to be president? We should let the American people decide, eh?
- A Trump adviser is presenting himself as the unlikely go-between for a global elite he wants to understand Trump.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.