5. During the interview Friday, Bush recalled introducing Russian President Vladimir Putin to his beloved Scottish terrier, Barney.
“As you know, our dear dog Barney, who had a special place in my heart — Putin dissed him and said, ‘You call it a dog?’” Bush said. “A year later, your mom and I go to visit and Vladimir says, ‘Would you like to meet my dog?’ Out bounds this huge hound, obviously much bigger than a Scottish terrier, and Putin looks at me and says, ‘Bigger, stronger and faster than Barney.’”
“Vladimir is a person who in many ways viewed America as an enemy. I tried, of course, to dispel him of that notion,” Bush told his daughter.
7. Bush is extremely humble about his artwork.
“I’m not a great artist…I don’t want people to think I’m a great artist,” he said.
9. The exhibit also contains a self-portrait and a rendition of his dad.
George W. Bush’s mother, Barbara Bush, however, said Friday that she will not allow her son to paint her.
“Absolutely not. Good as he is, it might look like me,” she said.
- Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Anti-Trump rioters and police are clashing throughout Washington, DC, during the inauguration of President Trump. Protesters smashed windows and police have used pepper spray.
- US officials didn't know drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán was being extradited from Mexico to the United States until the day it happened.
- And as many as eight survivors have been found after a deadly avalanche buried a hotel in Italy.