1. Comedian Nathan Fielder announced Monday afternoon he is behind the “Dumb Starbucks” coffee shop which opened Friday morning in Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles, Calif.
4. Fielder was previously responsible for two viral Internet texting pranks.
5. One which asked followers to text their parents pretending to buy drugs.
6. And the other which told followers to text their significant others pretending they had been dishonest with them.
7. When asked if Comedy Central knew about “Dumb Starbucks” Nathan replied, “Oh, now they do.”
8. Fielder says he plans to open another cafe in Brooklyn, New York in the next two weeks.
9. The official @dumbstarbucks Twitter account posted this video today featuring Fielder explaining the idea behind “Dumb Starbucks.”
“By adding the word dumb we are legally allowed to use the coveted Starbucks name and logo, because we’ve fulfilled the minimum requirement to be considered a parody under U.S. law.”
10. In an email sent to USA Today on Monday, Starbucks representatives said:
We are evaluating next steps and while we appreciate the humor, they cannot use our name, which is a protected trademark,” according to Starbuck’s email.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump that his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster."
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized its use.
- A researcher with Human Rights Watch was denied entry into Israel after the country's government called the organization "propaganda."
- Beyoncé has pulled out of performing at Coachella, citing doctors' advice about keeping a less rigorous schedule while pregnant 🐝😭