GovernmentAttic got a list [PDF] of all the vanity plate ideas the DC Dept. of Motor Vehicles has rejected, as of 2012. Here are some of the funniest:
DEJAVUE (this one presumably rejected by a spelling stickler)
NAKEDROB and NAKDROB (apparently Rob tried this twice)
2. Most Commonly Rejected Words
Of words BuzzFeed searched for, “ass” wins the day, having appeared in 359 rejected plates. Interestingly, “cat” and “dog” tied at 71.
This doesn’t include alternate spellings — BuzzFeed counted 8 variations on BIGPIMPN, 9 variants on DAAAMN with multiple A’s, and 6 versions of GO2HELL, including GO2HILL.
Analyses in other states have found that DMVs may have somewhat arbitrary rules for banning plates — Georgia, for instance, banned G0TBEER but not L0VWINE.
- The chairman of the National Governors Association, said Trump has promised only criminals will deported and random spot checks won't be conducted.
- The trans sister of a Trump inauguration singer must be allowed to use the restroom that fits her gender ID, a judge ruled.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝