1. Lyndon B. Johnson sings with his grandson and his dog Yuki:
2. Lyndon B. Johnson, his grandson, and Yuki swim in the White House swimming pool:
3. Richard Nixon’s dogs King Timahoe, Vicky, and Pasha look out of a White House window:
4. Bill Clinton takes his cat Socks for a walk:
5. Gerald Ford takes his dog Liberty for a walk with his wife at Camp David:
6. George W. Bush’s dog Barney begs for a belly rub on the White House lawn:
7. Ronald Reagan’s dog Lucky sits in his lap on Marine One:
8. Ronald Reagan goes for a run with Lucky and Margaret Thatcher:
9. Socks has some fun at the White House during Easter:
10. Amy Carter holds her cat Misty Malarky Ying Yang in the White House:
11. Nancy and Ronald Reagan get ready for their excited dog Rex to greet them as they disembark Marine One:
12. Amy Carter and Misty Malarky Ying Yang pose for a photo:
13. Gerald Ford’s daughter takes a quick moment to pose with their family’s cat at the White House:
14. Amy Carter pets her dog New Grits on the White House steps:
15. Gerald Ford’s dog Liberty and her puppies at the White House:
16. Liberty poses in front of the White House:
17. Buddy gives Bill Clinton a tennis ball while he golfs:
18. Socks hangs out in the Oval Office:
19. The Kennedy family dogs pose for a picture while just hanging out:
20. Harry Truman’s dog Feller looking… sad.
21. Buddy goes for a swim in the White House fountain:
22. George W. Bush’s cat India looks around a corner:
23. Socks licks a White House gingerbread house:
25. Buddy attempts to retrieve a tennis ball from a White House swimming pool:
40. George Bush and Barney share a moment on the White House lawn:
41. Richard Nixon presenting Pasha to David Lupi, the poster child of the National Hearing and Speech Foundation:
All photos via The National Archives unless otherwise cited.
- At least 29 people are dead and 166 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- "Saturday Night Live" revealed Donald Trump's newest pick to lead the Drug Enforcement Agency: Walter White.