2. Phil “Me Likely Broke Girls” Hardy
The spokesman for Congressman Raul Labrador was fired after sending an errant tweet from the Congressman’s account. It was there for 14 seconds.
3. A Senate staffer for Senator Susan Collins
Maine Senator Susan Collins sent this mean-spirited tweet about Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders: “Good ol’ @SenSanders is always entertaining. Not a huge fan.” The staffer who sent the tweet, Luke Welch, a “New Media/Press Assistant,” for the Senate, was fired according to US News And World Report.
4. Three legislative aides to Congressman Rick Larsen
Three legislative aides to Congressman Rick Larsen, a Democrat from Washington state, were fired after they sent tweets mocking the congressman, complaining about their jobs and spoke about drinking while at work.
The staffers — legislative aides Seth Burroughs and Elizabeth Robbee and legislative correspondent Ben Byers — tweets were first noticed by a conservative political blog covering Washington state.
5. An Allen West intern
An intern for former Congressman Allen West was fired for accidentally retweeting a response by the band Scissor Sisters to a homophobic rant from actor Tracy Morgan’s from West’s official account.
The tweet read: “Dear Tracy Morgan’s son: if you are gay, you can TOTALLY come live with me. We’ll read James Baldwin & watch Paris is Burning. xxANA.”
6. Richard Grenell
The thin-skinned former Romney spokesman resigned from the his brief job working for the campaign in 2012 after he came under fire for numerous confrontational and inappropriate tweets about Michelle Obama, Rachel Maddow, and the wives of other Republican candidates.
Grenell scrubbed over 800 tweets before resigning from his job according to a report from the Huffington Post.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎