President Obama’s second term isn’t off to a hot start.
5. Harry Truman: The Korean War would prove to a be a drain on his presidency. His time in office saw the detonation of a nuclear weapon by the Soviets, as well as the widely unpopular dismissal of Douglas McArthur as leader of the war effort.
6. Dwight D. Eisenhower: His second term saw the launch of Sputnik and the shooting down of an American U-2 spy plane over the Soviet Union. The U-2 incident hurt American-Soviet relations and led to a canceled summit between leaders of the two countries.
7. Woodrow Wilson: After running for reelection with the slogan “He Kept Us Out of War,” the U.S. entered World War One. Later Wilson suffered a stroke that nearly killed him and left him paralyzed. He was incapacitated for the rest of his presidency.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏