3. He wrote a political novel whose contents included transvestite prostitutes and a damaging memoir by a candidate’s ex-wife.
8. He wrote a book about traveling Europe in a vintage Mustang with someone else’s girlfriend. Stevens went to 30 restaurants in 30 days.
13. He wrote a book about his journey on the Chinese-Afghanistan border, the ancient silk road, in which he retraced the 1934 journey described of classic travel-writer Peter Fleming in “News from Tartary”.
16. He wrote a book called “The Big Enchilada” about George Bush’s Presidential campaign.
18. Warner Brothers bought his novel Scorched Earth. He also wanted to travel the length of the Nile River.
23. He worked as a strategist and ad man on Bob Dole’s 1996 Presidential campaign
32. He starred in a series of Dos Equis commercials.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- At least 13 people were killed and 31 others injured when a tour bus crashed into a semi-trailer near Palm Springs, California Sunday.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.