3. He wrote a political novel whose contents included transvestite prostitutes and a damaging memoir by a candidate’s ex-wife.
8. He wrote a book about traveling Europe in a vintage Mustang with someone else’s girlfriend. Stevens went to 30 restaurants in 30 days.
13. He wrote a book about his journey on the Chinese-Afghanistan border, the ancient silk road, in which he retraced the 1934 journey described of classic travel-writer Peter Fleming in “News from Tartary”.
16. He wrote a book called “The Big Enchilada” about George Bush’s Presidential campaign.
18. Warner Brothers bought his novel Scorched Earth. He also wanted to travel the length of the Nile River.
23. He worked as a strategist and ad man on Bob Dole’s 1996 Presidential campaign
32. He starred in a series of Dos Equis commercials.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 159 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- Donald Trump's campaign paid a Barnes & Noble $55,055 to buy more than 3,500 hardcover copies of his book.
- Scientists found a planet "on our doorstep" that may be habitable. We could send robots to explore it in a century or so 🌍🌠