1. Upside Down Apple Cake
2. Here’s a video that shows you how it’s made:
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
⅓ cup oil
⅓ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup dulce de leche
3 granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
Vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a small pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the dulce de leche and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
4. Immediately pour the dulce de leche mixture into a round baking pan.
5. Layer the apples in a circular pattern with each one overlapping the other. Repeat until the entire bottom of the pan is covered.
6. Pour the cake batter on top of the apples and spread the batter evenly on top.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, then cool until bottom is slightly warm.
8. Place a large round plate on top of the cake pan, then flip quickly. Give the cake pan a few pats to make sure the cake is released, then lift off the pan.
9. Slice, serve with ice cream!