CHILI CHEESE DOG BOATS
1 8-pack of hot dog buns
¼ cup butter, melted
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
8 slices cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Place the 8 hot dog buns in a 9x13 baking dish, then cut a rectangle in each hot dog bun, making sure to stay 1 centimeter from the edges.
3. Push down on the bread cut-out and compact this portion of the bun tightly into the bottom of each bun, making sure to press down on the bottom edges as well. This will help create a larger space for the fillings and reduce mess.
4. Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl, then brush the buns and their hollowed insides with the garlic butter.
5. Bake for 5 minutes to toast the buns as well as help the sides of the buns firm up so they don’t collapse under the weight of the fillings.
6. Place a slice of cheddar cheese inside each bun, then spoon a bit of chili inside each one.
7. Slide the hot dog snugly on top of the chili, then top with more chili.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and the chili has started to brown.
9. Slice the hot dogs boats along their connected seams, then enjoy!