3-Course Tuscan Chicken Dinner
Here's a video that shows you how to make it:
Bacon Asparagus Pastry Twists
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
6-8 slices bacon
12-15 asparagus spears
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. Slice the puff pastry into 1-centimeter strips.
3. Slice the bacon in half lengthwise into thin strips.
4. Wrap a strip of bacon around an asparagus spear in a spiral.
5. Wrap a strip of puff pastry around the asparagus, looping it in between the bacon spiral.
6. Repeat with the rest of the asparagus.
7. Place the wrapped spears on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
8. Brush them with egg wash, then sprinkle a pinch of salt & pepper on top.
9. Bake for 18 minutes, until golden brown and puffed.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
4 chicken thighs, bone-in & skin-on
2 teaspoons salt (for the chicken)
1 teaspoon pepper (for the chicken)
1 tablespoon oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
½ onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
2 cups spinach
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ cup grated parmesan
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1. Season the chicken with the salt & pepper, making sure to mix it in evenly.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
3. Place the chicken thighs skin side down in the skillet and cook for about 13 minutes in order to crisp up the skin. Move the chicken around from time to time to ensure it cooks evenly. The skin should be hard to the touch.
4. Flip the chicken, then cook for about another 15 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove from pan.
5. Add the garlic and onion, stirring until onions are translucent. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach until the spinach is wilted.
6. Add the heavy cream, salt, and pepper, bringing to a boil.
7. Add the parmesan cheese and parsley, stirring until the sauce has thickened slightly.
8. Place the chicken back in the pan, spooning the sauce on top of the chicken.
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
24 ounces cookie dough
8 ounces chocolate, broken up into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C.
2. Press ⅔ of the cookie dough into the bottom and up the sides of a small skillet or a small cake pan.
3. Place the chocolate chunks in the middle of the cookie dough, then place the other flattened ⅓ of the cookie dough on top.
4. Crimp the edges of the dough together to seal in the chocolate.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
6. Serve warm with ice cream and caramel sauce!