1. UPDATE — 2:06 p.m. ET:
2. Three people, including Death Row Records founder Marion “Suge” Knight, were shot during Chris Brown’s pre-VMA party at 1OAK early Sunday morning. None were fatally injured.
TMZ reports that shots rang out in the nightclub around 1:30 a.m. on Sunday. Suge Knight was reportedly shot six times and rushed to the hospital by ambulance, where he underwent surgery. He is currently recovering in the ICU.
Knight, the founder and CEO of Black Kapital Records, was reportedly shot in the stomach and arm, among other places.
This is reportedly the second time Knight has been shot at a pre-VMA party; In 2002, he was shot in the leg at a party in Miami Beach, Fla., hosted by Kanye West, Billboard reports.
Two men and a woman were also shot, and one is reportedly in critical condition. “They were transported to local hospitals and they are expected to recover,” the L.A. Sheriff’s Department told People.
7. An Instagram video captures the chaos inside the club after the shots ran out, and Chris Brown can be seen standing on what appears to be a bar.
8. Party-goers, including Australia’s Next Top Model finalist Chloe Lloyd, Tweeted about the incident.
10. Brown took to Twitter to speak out on the incident.
11. The shooter has not yet been identified.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- Prime Minister Theresa May is starting the UK's withdrawal process from the European Union this week. But how will Brexit work?
- We tried Fitbit's new slim Alta HR activity band, which comes with heart-rate tracking technology that's typically found on chunkier devices 🏃
- And Muslims in Birmingham told BuzzFeed News what it's like in the city that finds itself under the spotlight because of the murderous actions of London attacker Khalid Masood.