1. Rob Ford walked onto Jimmy Kimmel’s stage accompanied by Jamaican music, threw shirts at the audience, and then sat next to the TV host, whose first question was “Why are you dressed like a magician?”
2. Unsurprisingly, Kimmel didn’t exactly play nice during the interview. But he did take the time to sincerely recommend the mayor get help for his abuse issues.
“If you’re drinking enough that you can try crack in your forties and you don’t remember it, maybe that’s something that you might want to think about, like, talking to somebody,” Kimmel told Ford.
“Just something to think about. In case — it’s nothing to be ashamed of and I think it’s a good example for other people who might be in a similar situation,” Kimmel said to the audience’s applause.
Bur Ford, who will run for reelection in October 2014, defended himself, saying he wasn’t elected “to be perfect.”
“I was elected to clean up the mess that I inherited, and that’s exactly what I’ve done,” Ford said.
When asked again about getting help, Ford said: “Talk is cheap, action speaks louder than words. We’ll let the people decide on Oct.r 27. I’m just a normal, average, hard-working politician that’s real.”
4. “You are not the average politician,” Kimmel quipped. “You are the most wonderful mayor I’ve ever witnessed.”
The appearance was reportedly months in the making, but Kimmel still made fun of Ford for coming onto his show in the first place.
“Why are you here? What good could come of this? Have you ever seen the show?” said Kimmel, who has had a great time making fun of Ford on his show.
Doug Ford, the mayor’s brother, told the Toronto Sun that the Canadian politician “was a little upset” after his appearance on the show. The Sun reporter wrote that he heard the mayor say in the background of the phone call that he was “set up.”
6. Poor Rob Ford can’t get a break. Dance the pain away, Rob.
- Donald Trump responded to the father of a fallen Muslim American soldier who criticized him at the DNC, saying, "I've made a lot of sacrifices."
- Luke Aikins became the first skydiver to successfully jump out of a plane without a parachute. He landed on a net 🌎💪
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.