1. Listen guys, I’ve got something to confess. I don’t love Christmas, okay? As a Muslim, we never celebrated it growing up.
I never got presents. I don’t love peppermint or the colors red and green together. And it’s very, very cold.
4. I’ve invited two of my friends to talk about why they like Christmas so much when I don’t.
5. Tanzila “Taz” Ahmed is a writer, activist, and co-host of the #GoodMuslimBadMuslim podcast. Salimah Fatimah Mohamed is a public health professional and my bestie. Both of them love the season.
6. We argue about a bunch of holiday things, like the biggest Christmas store in the world, Bronner’s CHRISTmas Wonderland…
8. …the mixtape Taz put out a few years ago, “Parathas For Santa….”
9. …and whether Love, Actually actually sucks or not.
10. Plus, we talk about Eid Elfs and Salimah’s experience writing to “Eid Claus.”
11. How to listen:
2. Or click the above embedded link to stream the show directly from this page.
3. Be sure to subscribe, so you never miss a new episode!
4. If you like the show, please rate and review it on iTunes. Questions? Comments? Email email@example.com.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝