1. In 2002 Lalo Alcaraz made this cartoon.
5. Alcaraz said the reason it struck a chord with people is because more than a decade later, the issue of sports teams using redface and insensitive mascots is still going strong.
“The sad part is I have a friend whose daughter is half-Navajo. She posted on Facebook that this cartoon makes her real sad but the photo makes her even sadder,” Alcaraz said.
“I think the cartoon should make you mad, but the photo should make you madder. This was 12 years ago, and still, here we are.”
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a river near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- An armed man was arrested Sunday near a pizza spot named in a Hillary Clinton conspiracy rumor. Here's how "Pizzagate" was spread.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 33. "We're expecting the worst and hoping for the best," officials said Sunday.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏