1. A Native American and Cleveland Indians fan met face-to-face outside Progressive Field during the Indians’ home opener on Friday.
2. The interaction came during a protest by Native Americans over the usage of the Indians’ “Chief Wahoo” logo.
3. “We are not mascots. I’m nobody’s mascot. My children are not mascots. It mocks us as a race of people. It mocks our religion,” said Roche, a 66-year-old protestor outside the stadium.
“I do see a change, a slow change,” Roche told AP. “It’s progressively happening. The young people are more in tune to it, where a lot of these older people grew up with it and so did their parents. We have nothing against the game. I know it will change in time. I hope it changes before I die.”
5. A Cleveland Indians representative was unavailable for a comment on the situation.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. Three people were injured, according to reports.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?