1. Jamie Foxx spoke off the cuff and from the heart, eschewing prepared remarks to call on fellow black actors and musicians to become this generation’s new civil rights leaders.
2. He said Trayvon Martin and Sandy Hook affected him and told a story about the performer Harry Belafonte.
3. Foxx said Belafonte spoke to him and his daughter and he said, “Myself, Al, Jesse and Martin, we marched.” He meant Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Martin Luther King Jr.
Foxx says he and his daughter cried when they heard that.
4. “What we need to do now is the young folks pick it up now,” Foxx told the crowd, “so that when we’re 87 years old, talking to the young folks, we can say it was me, Will Smith, Jay Z, Kanye, Alicia Keys, Kerry Washington, the list goes on and on.”
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞