3. Doyougotinsurance.com, a URL that is presumably more “bro” friendly, redirects to gotinsurancecolorado.org, part of the Thanks Obamacare campaign, by the Colorado Consumer Health Initiative and ProgressNow Colorado Education.
The site links to Colorado’s official health care marketplace site connectforhealthco.com.
5. Reactions on Twitter were of the amused and bemused variety.
With this, the use of the word “bro” has officially jumped the shark. cc: @marincogan
“You know what demographic we should hit for Obamacare? Bro’s, man. Bro’s.” “Let’s get a picture of one doing a keg stand.”
Hey, #Brobamacare, “bros” don’t let “bros” wear #jorts. #tcot #Obamacare http://t.co/GeJm6q18nH
My Halloween costume RT @BrettLoGiurato: Brobamacare
As for the national website, President Obama promised Monday that a tech strike force has been activated to help solve the problems plaguing HealthCare.gov.
- Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz will step down at the end of the party's convention amid an email controversy.
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴