1. Givenchy made an expert move in the face of its spring 2014 campaign.
“She’s one of the most stylish women I’ve met in my life,” designer Riccardo Tisci told Style.com. Tisci said he had Badu in mind while working on the collection, which finds influence in “a crash between African and Japanese cultures mixed with Haute Couture techniques.”
2. Tisci’s choice of Badu as the face of the campaign comes on the heels of an increase in the number of models of color in the fashion world.
All the other women in the campaign are women of color as well. “I discovered a lot of black girls, and I’ve been always supporting them,” he said. “For me, I grew up in a family and I grew up in a culture, an education, that we all are the same.” He welcomed Badu “to the gang” on Instagram.
3. Badu is an excellent choice, seeing as how she’s basically perfect in every way. That face.
5. That style.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›