2. These acts were already illegal under church law, but are now specifically illegal in Vatican City, which is home to hundreds of people including clergy.
3. This is part of the Pope’s efforts to update the Vatican’s legal system. In the previous law, sexual crimes were vaguely listed as a crime against “good customs.” They can now be punished by up to 12 years in prison.
- The Republican candidates for president will debate Saturday at 9 p.m. ET on CBS for the first time after Donald Trump's runaway win in the New Hampshire primaries.
- Up to 150,000 penguins may have been killed by an iceberg blocking their access to the sea.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.