1. A demolition crew in Pontiac, Mich., took the wrong house down after being tricked by a man who was trying to save his home from being turned to rubble, reported WXYZ.com.
2. The man, whose house was slated for demolition, allegedly switched the address numbers with his next door neighbor. The neighbor, Mike, had planned to rent out his house in October.
3. The man’s plan worked; the crew destroyed Mike’s house. However, they later returned to tear down the correct house. There is an ongoing investigation into the alleged address-swapping tactic of the man.
4. However, some neighbors were pretty happy with the wrong house being demolished. Apparently it was an eyesore and a home to squatters. Neighbor Fred Sargent wanted to give the demolition crew “a twelve pack of beer.”
He told WXYZ: “When I heard they tore down the house on accident I wanted to give them a twelve pack of beer. I was that happy. If anybody was going to rent that out, it had to be a crackhead.”
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›