1. Texas Congressman Steve Stockman invited the rodeo clown who mocked Obama at the Missouri State Fair to perform at a rodeo in Texas’ 36th District.
2. A rodeo clown donned an Obama mask while another clown on a loudspeaker yelled: “We’re going to stomp Obama now.” “As soon as this bull comes out, Obama, don’t you move. He’s going to getcha, getcha getcha, getcha.”
3. The clown was banned by the Missouri State Fair Commission “from ever participating or performing at the Missouri State Fair again.” Missouri’s Lt. Governor Peter Kinder said “we are better than this.”
4. But the disgraced clown has an invitation from Republican Congressman Steve Stockman to perform in Texas’ 36th District because “Texans value speech, even if its speech they don’t agree with.”
Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas, second from right
6. According to Stockman’s press release:
“Liberals want to bronco bust dissent. But Texans value speech, even if its speech they don’t agree with,” said Stockman, “From Molly Ivins to Louie Gohmert and every opinion between Texans value free and open political speech. I’m sure any rodeo in Texas would be proud to have performers.”
7. He said the clown was targeted by the liberals to create a “climate of fear.”
“Disagreeing with speech is one thing. Banning it and ordering citizens into reeducation classes for mocking a liberal leader is another,” said Stockman. “Liberals have targeted this man for personal destruction to create a climate of fear.”
8. He noted that the rodeo clown wearing the George H.W. Bush mask was spared.
They want to crush dissent by isolating and polarizing anyone who questions Obama, even if it’s a rodeo clown with a harmless gag,” said Stockman. “The idea to create a state of fear and make people afraid to trivialize Obama. No one tried to personally destroy the rodeo clown who wore a George H.W. Bush mask.”