1. Egypt officials formally presented the country’s new constitution Sunday and called on all Egyptian national to vote on it in next month’s referendum.
2. Egypt’s acting government presented this poster, and called on all Egyptians — including the recently ousted Muslim Brotherhood and their supporters — to vote.
According to the government, this is what all Egyptians look like.
3. But Egyptians couldn’t shake the feeling that the poster didn’t really represent “All Egyptians,” and quickly discovered they were right.
The doctor in #Egypt’s constitution photo also moonlights as a specialist in helping you to remove stretch marks.
H.A. Hellyer Ø¯. Ø¥ØªØ´
Hmm. I knew I saw that lady in the ‘All Egyptians Constitution’ photo somewhere else… Egyptian women are Irish?
Not surprisingly, the “Egyptian” is a young American with down syndrome, another stock photo image. #Egypt
6. So, three out of the five images used were of non-Egyptians. Photographers pointed out that all the photos had been taken from stock images.
“All Egyptians” for the constitution poster = google image search: doctor, Down syndrome, woman, Egyptian soldier and ÙÙ„Ø§Ø #StockPic
7. And that no images of bearded Egyptians were used.
.@IslamRahman So the new constitution is for Ireland models & American Down Syndromes but not for bearded Egyptians. #Egypt
8. When Egypt votes on January 14 and 15, it will be the third constitution they’ve looked at in as many years.
Are there stock constitutions? Might be worth considering.
9. Although it doesn’t really explain why Amr Mousa, the head of the committee that wrote the new constitution had a pretty significant slip of the tongue when he asked all Egyptians to come out and vote…
So.. Amr Mousa accidently asked ppl on national tv to masturbate on the constituion instead of voting on it :-)