1. A total of three cars were sucked into a sinkhole that opened in the middle of a street in the South East area of Chicago.
2. He’s in good condition now, but one driver was injured after his car was sucked into the growing hole in the street as he was trying to drive around it.
3. A local woman told the Chicago Tribune that she watched as her car fell into the hole as she was walking to it to go to work.
4. And then Thursday afternoon, as CNN was reporting on the two cars in the sinkhole, a third car fell in.
5. Authorities in Chicago are blaming the severity of the sinkhole on the heavy rain and flooding that aggravated a water main break in the area.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›
- The U.S. Army says it's removing restrictions on women attending Ranger School. Two soldiers became the first women to graduate from the school last month. ›