1. This is Medea Benjamin, she’s the co-founder of Code Pink, an antiwar organization.
2. Benjamin and others in her group make a practice of interrupting, heckling, and protesting press conferences and government hearings.
3. She interrupted Wayne LaPierre, the executive vice president of the National Rifle Association, when he gave a speech following the shootings in December at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut.
4. In March, she protested while Attorney General Eric Holder was testifying before Congress about targeted drone strikes.
6. Earlier in May, she interrupted CIA Director John Brennan during a speech.
7. And then on Thursday, she interrupted President Barack Obama during a major counter-terrorism speech.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- President Obama apologized to Doctors Without Borders for the airstrike that killed 22 people at a clinic in Afghanistan. ›
- The U.S. Coast Guard said it will suspend the search for the crew of El Faro, the cargo ship that went missing in the Caribbean during Hurricane Joaquin last week. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›