1. This is Medea Benjamin, she’s the co-founder of Code Pink, an antiwar organization.
2. Benjamin and others in her group make a practice of interrupting, heckling, and protesting press conferences and government hearings.
3. She interrupted Wayne LaPierre, the executive vice president of the National Rifle Association, when he gave a speech following the shootings in December at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut.
4. In March, she protested while Attorney General Eric Holder was testifying before Congress about targeted drone strikes.
6. Earlier in May, she interrupted CIA Director John Brennan during a speech.
7. And then on Thursday, she interrupted President Barack Obama during a major counter-terrorism speech.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at email@example.com.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.