1. This screenshot from Iran’s Press TV, broadcast on January 28, 2013, shows an Iranian scientist holding a monkey the Islamic Republic is claiming they shot into space.
2. The only details Iran has released about the monkey’s mission is that he was sent up in a Pishtam rocket and reached a height of 72 miles.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›
- President Obama is one vote away from sealing a historic nuclear deal with Iran after two Democratic senators backed the agreement. ›
- The fingerprints of the main suspect in last month's deadly Bangkok shrine blast match those found on bomb-making material, Thai police say. ›