1. This screenshot from Iran’s Press TV, broadcast on January 28, 2013, shows an Iranian scientist holding a monkey the Islamic Republic is claiming they shot into space.
2. The only details Iran has released about the monkey’s mission is that he was sent up in a Pishtam rocket and reached a height of 72 miles.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Historic flooding has killed 16 people in South Carolina, where rain finally stopped falling on Tuesday. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›