1. Harlee “Rambo” Bradford (in the middle) snapped this selfie after her and the three other women in the photo were the first of 15 to complete a Marine Corps pilot course.
2. Bradford’s Instagram has a whole collection of badass selfies from infantry training.
3. Infantry training for Bradford’s group required the women to to meet the same standards as any other Marine.
4. Including a 12 1/2 mile march in combat gear that lasted almost 5 hours, running at a 4 mph pace carrying 90-pounds of gear.
5. Bradford earned the nickname “Rambo” because she did the whole thing with a stress fracture.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today